Wednesday 6 November 2013

Miso potatoes are so good

I'm a big follower of Marc Matsumoto simply because his recipes are so simple yet always good. He's not just a genius chef, he analyses and improvises cooking methods so that lazy bones like us can simply follow without having to crack our heads.

When I saw his spicy miso-glazed potatoes recipe, I didn't get very excited. Afterall, how good can boiled potatoes get right?

Yet when I saw these pretty new potatoes in pink and purple hues at the grocers during the weekend, I couldn't resist bringing some home. I was planning to roast them in the oven when I suddenly recalled Marc's recipe. Thankfully I had all the ingredients at home (told you his recipes are very simple) and managed to present the dish on the dining table in 30 minutes.

The potatoes were soft and silky smooth, with a lovely buttery smell and taste. I only use SCS butter because it imparts such a nice flavour. The miso paste lends a special touch to the spud. I think I have found the perfect food for picnics and potluck.

Oh, YK gave a rating of 9.5/10. The highest I had ever scored so far. It is that good.

1 comment:

Wen-ai said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! I have this left-over Miso paste sitting in my fridge for a while. Will give this recipe a try!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...