Monday 25 June 2012

Osaka Castle Park

Everyone has been asking me about Osaka. Well, if I have to be very honest, it was a bit of a let down. But, to be really fair to the city, I didn't have the luxury of time to do much exploring. The hotel I stayed is in the business district and the nearest attraction is Osaka Castle Park (about 15 minutes walk away). I was hoping to see some temples but there are none nearby. Instead, there are lots of restaurants and convenience stores along the same street. Having a train station just steps away from the hotel is a huge plus for I could get to the shopping district within minutes.
The impressive NHK Building and Museum of History located just across the Osaka castle Park.
Map of the Osaka Castle Park.
Entrance to the Castle Park.





The Main Tower, renovated in the Heisei period, serves as a History Museum for Osaka Castle and it houses valuable historical materials.



Ginkgo tree.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that was short & sweet one :0)
Soon, on your next mission with best fren huh...

Blur Ting said...

Haha, short and sweet. But I have part 2 and 3...

Amel said...

The pictures all look sooooooo modern!

Wen-ai said...

Yah, Osaka isn't as beautiful or quaint as Kyoto but the food is AMAZING right? I thought Osaka has the best cooked food in Japan. And the cheapest beer!

Blur Ting said...

Yes, lots to eat in Osaka. I ate and ate and ate... When I came back, i had to jog everyday.

Malar said...

Osaka look so beautiful! But i heard Kyoto is better

Blur Ting said...

Yup, Kyoto is alot more scenic. I made a 3-hour stop there and could see the difference. I will spend more time in Kyoto in future.

Anonymous said...

Amazing issues here. I'm very happy to peer your article.
Thanks so much and I am taking a look ahead to touch you.

Will you please drop me a mail?

Feel free to visit my web-site ... dummy oxygen sensor

Unknown said...

Price Information Car And Motorcycle , When There are pleased to see here

Car Pricing Information
Information Cars and Motorcycles

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...