Monday 18 November 2013

Seafood stew for a rainy day

Anyone with two young kids will know that if you want peace and harmony in the home, you should always have buy two of the same things. That way, there is no need for them to squabble over colour, style and so forth. It just makes the parent's job easier.

This rule applies to food too. Thank goodness my kids are not picky eaters from young. Anything that I cook with seafood and tomato will go down well with them.  I shouldn't be calling them kids now that they are not so young but you know, they will always be my kids.

This seafood stew I made for them was well received on a rainy Sunday morning. It is really easy to put together.


Drizzle some olive oil onto a pan and add some chopped up onion and garlic.
Fry until onion is transparent.
Add fresh mushrooms (I used button mushrooms, quartered) and fry for a couple of minutes.
Then add fresh seafood (I used shrimp, crayfish and squid) and fry until lightly cooked.
Stir in chopped up tomato and fry for a minute before adding tomato sauce (I used pasta sauce). Season with some salt and black pepper.
Once the sauce bubbles, turn off the fire and serve immediately.

5 comments:

JY69 said...

Good mom and good cook!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Clearing my blogroll and good to see you're still blogging.

Blur Ting said...

Thnks JY! You're my most loyal reader.

And Nick! Good to see you here too!!

Celine said...

My 90+ grandma still calls my dad (60+ and a grandfather himself) to put on a shirt in the recent cold weather. To a mom, the kid will always be a kid. Heh

Wen-ai said...

Yuumz, looks delicious!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...