Friday 1 November 2013

New Ubin Seafood

It all began when Petunia asked me about my dining experience at Crab in da Bag. She must be craving for crabs. Then she sent me some photos of drool worthy food at New Ubin Seafood which got me very excited. Like two very crab-deprived women, we agreed to meet at the restaurant for lunch the very next day. 

When best friend called to ask me out for lunch, I dragged her along too. She thought it was unusual to be having chilli crab for lunch. Well, to be honest, it was my first time too. The crab was so good,  the restaurant wasn't crowded and the service was excellent, it turned out to be a great idea afterall.

Interested to see what we ate?

To satisfy our craving, we ordered a crab cooked in spicy chilli sauce. I've always been a fan of Jumbo Seafood's crab but today I declare the crab here to be even better. The flesh is firm and sweet, it's probably the freshest I had ever tasted so far.












Another dish that is highly recommended is the black angus ribeye steak. I'm usually not a fan of beef but the USDA ribeye here is in a league of its own. It's pan fried, sliced up and served with really delicious fries, caramelised onion, mustard and ketchup.
The high fat content keeps the beef tender and juicy. Some of the beef fat  is used to fry up a plate of sinfully rich and fragrant fried rice. 
While the hae chor (shrimp and meat roll) was good, our attention was focused on the unsual way the stir-fried vegetable dish was presented. Sprinkled on top of the vegetables is a mixture of finely shredded fried kale and tiny silver fish which adds another dimension to the otherwise ordinary dish.


2 comments:

Wen-ai said...

Ahh... New Ubin Seafood. Was my fav Tze Char earlier this year until I had an overdose of the beef. I've never tried the crab though. Will keep in mind!

SOUL said...

I'm hungry after seeing and reading this. I love cranb. Yum yum.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...