Monday 7 October 2013

To Bangkok without me


Now that YK is in the army, it's getting difficult to travel together as a family. When the opportunity arose for him to travel to Bangkok with SK, I was more than happy to sponsor the air tickets.

I was excited that the brothers were going on vacation without me. Compared to their peers in the West, they are already late bloomers. Still I think it's better late than never. They had to manage their time and money, find their way around and look out for each other in a foreign city.

They stayed in a tiny room in a hostel (Baan Dinso) near the Royal Palace and kept me posted on their whereabouts so I knew they were safe.

YK brought SK to his favourite stall ( Thip Samai) which sells the best pad-thai in Bangkok. And for two days, they combed Chatuchak Market for the best finds. They went shopping in the city and bought me presents. It's a good start.

Tees and a bag for me.

2 comments:

Celine said...

Lovely that they travel together AND bought presents for you :)

Blur Ting said...

Indeed! Very happy :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...