Monday 21 May 2012

Remembering Yvonne

On a hot Saturday afternoon just 4 days ago, I was by her hospital bedside watching her gasping for breath. We were encouraged to see some signs of improvement, but sadly she passed away shortly after I left.

The last few weeks had been sad. Her condition deteriorated day by day. Hope turned into despair, then finally, we just had to accept that it was time for her to go. Watching someone dear slowly die is so painful. We couldn't bear to see her suffer like that.

She had touched the lives of many people because every time I visited at the hospital, there were friends and family holding her hands, stroking her face, singing to her and massaging her legs. Why must good people like her go so soon?

On Sunday, more than 500 friends turned up for the service at her church. Tears flowed freely as we remembered this wonderful and radiant girl. Clearly, we are all so proud of her. Today she will be cremated but she will live in our hearts forever.

6 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

My condolences to your friends family on her passing.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Such a lovely girl who touched so many... We are around the same age. I'm very sorry to hear this news.. :(

My Sinfonia said...

I hope you will be consoled - she is in her lord's arms

Wen-ai said...

Yah... I read the article in the papers and know that she is your friend. My condolences to you and her family once again...

Amel said...

My deepest condolences for the bereaved. :-((( May God comfort you all.

Malar said...

May her soul rest in peace....

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...