Wednesday 7 July 2010

Rebirth

Something strange happened this morning. When Rusty and I got into the elevator after his walk at 6.30am, a beautiful brown atlas moth flew by and followed us into the lift. It's my first time seeing one in our development. It fluttered around us rather clumsily. I uttered, "Cookie, is that you?"

We got out when the lift door opened while the moth remained inside. I brought Rusty into the house and quickly ran outside again. I had to get the moth out or someone might just smack it to death. The door opened and I guided it out. It flew away into the morning light.

I know most people don't believe in such things but I see it as a sign of rebirth.

6 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

=)))

Yve said...

Yes, my mother believes in the moth rebirth theory too.

Usually one appears on my dad's death anniversary.

ckl said...

A couple of days after my grandmother pass away, a huge moth appeared in her room and stayed for the whole duration of the funeral.

JY69 said...

Yep cookie was stopping by to say hi....

Amel said...

That's a nice sign of rebirth! :-D

The World According To Me said...

I actually got a tingling down my spine when reading that post.
I am a firm believer in rebirth.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...