Tuesday 27 April 2010

Back on track

When I realised that refined food like bread makes me fall asleep at my desk, I quickly embarked on a healthier breakfast diet of whole food and grains.

The results were quite remarkable. I stopped nodding off and had never felt so alive during office hours. Then I started taking my newfound energy for granted and let my discipline slip.

Slowly, I went back to my old eating habits. Instead of boiling sweet potatoes or mixed grain porridge in the morning, I reach for convenience food like toast, biscuits and cakes. So it is no surprise I was overtaken by lethargy again.

I'm trying to get back on track and started today with mixed grains porridge, sweetened with dried cranberries. When hunger pangs strike, I snack on raw sunflower seeds and walnut.

I don't feel any more energetic but it's only been one day. It'll probably take a while for my body to feel alive again. Until then, I must remember to stay on track.

3 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. i didn't know that that causes lethargy.. I should start baking more wholemeal bread :)

Blur Ting said...

OKC - Different people react differently to refined food. I go to sleep almost instantly!

Petunia Lee said...

Could you share your recipes? Take some pics? I wanna do like you.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...