Wednesday 14 October 2009

Then he's gone

I had the lost doggie for less than 2 hours and suddenly life at home became topsy turvy.

First, he rummaged through my dustbin, so I gave him a can of Rusty's favourite food which he refused to eat. Naturally Rusty got mad that I was giving his food away, so he started growling.

We had to keep Lost Dog in the patio and out of Rusty's way. Rusty kept barking and scratching the door to be let out. Lost Dog kept whining and scratching the door to be let in. YK was getting annoyed by the rukus. SK had to bring Rusty into the bedroom to keep him away.

I had to sit out in the patio to keep Lost Dog quiet until I almost dozed off, wondering how long I had to keep up with this. Lost Dog is hyperactive and a high jumper. He leapt over the furniture and across my knees very effortlessly. I gave him some water and dried food. He refused that as well. I brought him into the kitchen and he stuck his nose into the bin again. I brought out some boiled rice which he nibbled some.

He seemed to know the apartment very well. He ran from room to room and leapt on my bed (if only Rusty had seen that!), ran into the bathrooms and then scooted out to sit by the front door, wagging his tail furiously. The whole time, the energetic dog didn't stop moving.

I was already preparing a poster to put up around the neighbourhood in the morning. I informed the security guards to contact me if anyone asked about a lost dog. I even thought of bringing the dog to the vet or SPCA to see if they could trace the owner via the imbedded microchip.

Seeing how much the dog wanted to leave the house, I decided to bring him for a walk. Maybe the owner is out looking for him. He seemed to know his way around the development. I asked around but nobody had seen him before.

Suddenly he wandered into an apartment on the ground floor like he had finally found his home. A group of teenagers appeared with their mum. The dog doesn't belong to them but they're willing to take him in and help find the owner, even if it means going from door to door. The nice family assured me that they will do whatever they can to help the doggie.

I left knowing Lost Dog is in good hands. Suddenly I felt a sense of relief. I went home to find YK cleaning Lost Dog's pee in the living room. I could let Rusty out of the room again. And I didn't have to sit out under the stars all night.

It's a pity I can't do more this time unlike six years ago when Cookie came to us under the same circumstances. He was a lost dog without a collar and we couldn't find his owner, so we took him in. Rusty and Cookie became best pals immediately. That made things so much easier.

I hope this Lost Dog will get reunited with his owner soon. Someone who loves him is waiting anxiously for him.

11 comments:

tinG said...

How's cookie now???

Charlie Hotel said...

Peace at last!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

gosh, sounds like a terror.....

Blur Ting said...

Shizuka - Cookie's great. He lives at my parent's house cos my apartment is too small for him.

Blur Ting said...

CH- You can say that again!

Blur Ting said...

Fry - He's friendly but hyper, unlike Rusty who is so mellow.

The Real Mother Hen said...

2 dogs at one time sure don't sound fun :)

WaterLearner said...

Must be a relief for you and the boys!

Blur Ting said...

MH - Boy, you can say that again!

Blur Ting said...

Karen- Indeed a relief! What was I thinking when I brought it home? But then again, I didn't have the heart to let the poor hungry dog wander about outside.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I can only imagine the chaos ... LOL!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...