Saturday 13 June 2009

Big fish

I must have been hungry when I read the food review on yesterday's Today's papers because we ended up at the Big Fish Seafood Grill hours later. We had the seafood platter there several years ago which didn't leave a lasting impression.

Yesterday's review on the Seafood Ciopino and fish & chips sounded good, so we ordered the same dishes for dinner.

The Seafood Ciopino is a spicy seafood stew featuring fish, crayfish, clams, mussels, prawn and cuttlefish. It's a lovely dish indeed, served with 2 slices of warm buttered focaccia bread. The spicy sambal gravy was so delicious, I wished we had some plain rice to soak up every drop of gravy.

Big Fish is famous for the fish and chips, and last night's didn't disappoint. The batter was light and crispy, and the fish was very fresh. I wish the portions were bigger.

For dessert, I ordered the creme brulee topped with fresh strawberries, dragon fruit and dried apricot. I like how the caramelised sugar crust contrasts with the smooth and soft cream. CH found it too sweet, so I ate most of it. That reminds me, it's time to go on a diet!

2 comments:

Jenny Eshjey said...

Hi Blur Ting,

I'm hungry when I saw your pictures! Look delicious!

I will drop by when I'm free.

Have A Nice Day!

By Jenny Malaysia.

The World According To Me said...

You can't beat fish and chips! I need to cut back on my calorie consumption, but it's so darn hard sometimes!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...