Tuesday 12 May 2009

Small miracle

The day after our visit to the hospital, YK discovered his wallet was missing. He must have left it behind somewhere in the hospital while we were shuttling from room to room (temperature check, initial assessment, registration, payment, blood pressure check, consultation with doctor).

We were initially very hopeful of recovering the wallet as there was hardly any cash inside except for his ID, student card and bank card. Our subsequent attempt to find the wallet at the hospital was unsuccessful, so we were quite disheartened and disappointed.

I called to cancel his bank ATM card while he went to the police station to make a report last night. At the station, he learned that someone had found it and sent it to a police station nearby. What a nice surprise!

The act of kindness by the stranger is really appreciated. Not only did it redeem our faith in mankind, it also saves us lots of time and money. The cost of replacing a new ID at the (infamously crowded) Immigration building is $100. All he has to do now is to get a new ATM card.

When I misplaced my wallet 2 years ago, I went through so much hassle getting all the cards replaced only to find the wallet stashed away in a cupboard at home. Until now, I still wonder how it ended up there. Whatever it is, I'm extra careful with my belongings now.

9 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

alls well, ends well! =)))))))

J@n!ce said...

My hub dropped his wallet at a shopping centre days before CNY this year. The kind-hearted family actually delivered it to our doorstep. Hub din realize that his wallet was missing at that point. LOL :):)

huier said...

oh yes! i remember that post! u do live up to your name... and i adore u for that too! =)

The World According To Me said...

Good for the stranger who handed it in. It does restore your faith in mankind, I agree with you.

I once left my bag in a taxi and the taxi man kindly telephoned me -diary in my bag with my contact details! I was so grateful that I gave him some cash for bothering to contact me. But that's the only time anything has ever been returned to me! (And believe me I have lost many things over the years..)

Blur Ting said...

Fry - yup. Almost...cos he hasn't gone to the police post to collect yet. He leaves early in the morning and returns late at night. Busy schoolboy.

Blur Ting said...

Janice- Wow! Really good people!

Blur Ting said...

Huier - Ah, so nice of you to remember :-)

Blur Ting said...

World- Yes, I read about your misadventures ever so often. It's nice to meet some good people every now and then.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That is a miracle indeed. Guess there are still decent people left in this world :D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...