Tuesday 24 February 2009

New business

It is rather uncharacteristic of me to go M.I.A on my own blog but I have a good reason for doing so.

Best friend and I took the day off work to register our new business. We picked Feb 24th because it coincides with the new moon, one which radiates good vibes and positivity. It would be wise to make use of
its energies to form a solid business partnership.

Whilst we are excited about this new business alliance, subconsciously we both share the same concerns. For the sake of our friendship, she wanted me to be major shareholder. I, on the other hand, feel that we should be equal partners because we're best friends. Afterall, we're in this together because
we share each other’s passion to bring our dream to fruition and drive the business forward.

All my life, I've always been very cautious about going into business with family or friends. We've heard of how best friends can become foes over money and business and the last thing I want is to see our 30+ years of friendship go down the drain. Even couples who were once crazily in love can fall out over time.

My friend is the sensible type while I can be very emotional and she knows that. The good thing is, she is very good at managing people and handling challenging situations. So we have a good match here.

We met very early this morning and couldn't stop gushing about our latest venture. Her hubby, who joined us for breakfast to give moral support, quipped "You two aunties are in business!"

We walked to the business registry and emerged 20 minutes later as business partners. It's a first for my friend and her excitement was infectious, we were in high spirits all day. I remember feeling that way when I registered my container business 8 years ago.

We set up a bank account and visited several vendors in the morning. Her hubby joined us for lunch again since his office is nearby. I'm sure CH would be most happy to meet us if his office is in town. Even though he's my biggest supporter, I wouldn't make him travel all the way there just to give moral support.

We went to my parent's farm after lunch. The drizzle didn't deter us from visiting our little plot of land. Armed with umbrellas, we inspected the barren site and dreamed of a fruitful business. We could almost hear our cash registers going kaching!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good start, all the best !

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yeah all the best to you & WK :)

It's so great to read about how happy the two of you are, way to go girls!

k@Ye_ said...

*huat* *HUAT*! Psst, must give ah fry & me good rates for ur veggies! :P

J@n!ce said...

That's good !! So what biz is that? ;p

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

*confetti*

*super duper lion dance*

*President Nathan cuts ribbon for you*

kekekeke......HUAT AH!!! =)))

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Congratulations!! This must be so exciting for you both!!

Anonymous said...

Heartiest Congratulations TT!!! :-0Let's celebrate this Friday. What's the name of the new outfit?

Anonymous said...

I'm supporting you from way over here! *wave*

Amel said...

CONGRATS on your new business and may it be fruitful!!! :-D

The World According To Me said...

I feel your energy and your happy vibes!

Congratulations. Here's to a successful and thriving business.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...