Monday 12 January 2009

It's all good

So, I had my delicious 'lor bak' for dinner even though it wasn't fatty enough. I just can't bring myself to buy fat belly pork with the skin on. Then I kick myself when the braised meat doesn't turn out fabulously rich and lardy like I wanted. Only my brother can whip up a mean pot of sinfully rich braised pork belly!

CH came over for dinner while YK was out celebrating with his friends and teachers at Fish & Co. He has done well, better than me of course, with some surprises in his scores. Then again, life is not life if it doesn't throw any surprises. He has lots of choices now to pursue an education in a junior college or polytechnic but he has his mind set on Bioscience since the very beginning.

He aspires to be a doctor, the kind who performs operations like in Grey's Anatomy but he is facing limitations now because of his subject combination. He became passionate about this only a year ago when it was too late to change his subjects. I told him there is still hope. If I can afford it in future, he can still pursue an oversea education if he wants to be a doctor badly. It's going to be expensive so we'll see when the time comes.

For now, he'll be busy with school registration as they're only given several days to submit their choices. He could possibly end up in a polytechinc which is all the way across the island, much nearer to my parent's house actually.

Speaking of that, I'll be heading that way to bring mum to the dentist for some crowning work this morning. Now that all the root canal treatment has been completed, she's finally getting all the aesthetics done. It's all good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Glad to hear that he did well! :) Poly is a better option nowadays, JC isn't that viable now. Oh yes, study medicine in India is very inexpensive I heard.

Send my regards to YK, well done young man! :)

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

congrats!!

Blur Ting said...

Good idea, let's send him to India!

The World According To Me said...

I'm really pleased to hear he done well. With a few surprises!

Amel said...

GREAT to hear that, Blur! :-))) So it's the time of the year, eh? Picking out the road that leads to "profession" he he he...GOOD LUCK for YK!

Well, you can always apply for a scholarship, you know. A friend of mine got a scholarship twice so she could study in Germany. Her younger brother followed suit and now he's studying in Germany too!!! :-))) Now my friend has finished her studies and she's working in Canada! ;-D

Anonymous said...

Τhis аrticle wіll assist the іnternet vіѕіtoгs
for builԁing up nеω website or evеn a blog frοm
start to end.

My ωeb sіte altec bucket trucks for sale online
Feel free to surf my web blog bucket truck industry

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...