Friday 31 October 2008

A cool Saturday


I woke up to the sound of rain at the break of dawn and rushed out to the patio. Alas, too late. My laundry was already drenched. I crawled back into bed and got up at 9am.

This is the first Saturday I've ever slept in since moving here. It was drizzling when I got up, so I've decided to chuck the saturday routine out of the window for a hot cuppa and kaya toast instead.

In fact, I don't even need to do my marketing on Saturdays anymore. Now that SK's Chinese tuition has stopped for the year, I have regained back my Sunday mornings. If I buy my vegetables on Sunday, they will stay fresh in the fridge for another day.

Last night, I threw out a pack of vegetables that had gone bad and decided to use up whatever I could salvage to make dinner. CH and I didn't go out because I was having a headache. It must be the weather. My throat was a little sore the past few days but I woke up feeling fine this morning. The long night of sleep probably helped.

I'll dedicate the morning to housework. First, the wet clothes must be rinsed again before going into the dryer. With this kind of weather, it's best to postpone my plans to wash the bedsheets. The floor needs to be cleaned and when my chores are done, the boys and I are heading over to CH's new place to have a look see.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...