Sunday 21 September 2008

Sunday

This post is inspired by a blog I saw which features designers in their own space. At this moment, my favourite place is still the workdesk by my bedroom window. I realise you don't need a big space to make you happy, as long as you have a corner you can call your own sanctuary.

SK didn't go for tuition because he was having an upset tummy in the morning. He's fine now. That gave me alot of free time to rest and relax today. I went running with CH at East Coast Park before it got too hot in the morning. The lack of regular exercise is taking a toll on my body. I didn't feel quite as energetic as before and ended up walking alot.
I got home from the run to prepare lunch for the boys and do laundry. I even managed to take a little nap in the afternoon. After my coffee break, I did some ironing. Well, you haven't heard me complaining about ironing anymore, do you? Let me share a secret with you. If you're pressed for time, I'll show you how I press clothes in super quick time.
My work clothes are pretty much crinkle free but on some days, I iron the boys' school uniform so they don't go to school looking too shabby. I lay the clothes flat on my bed (see below) and run the iron over it. I usually iron only the front since the back is going to get all wrinkled when they sit in the car anyway. In the process, my bed sheet gets ironed too! :-)

These days, my ironing board is permanently tucked in the corner. It serves as a storage area for the towels. It's turning into a white elephant.

1 comment:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one who uses ironing boards as a storage place ... :D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...