Monday 1 September 2008

Adjustments

It's the kids' one-week school break and life is more leisurely around here. Or is it so? This morning I got up at 7am instead of 5.30am. Rusty was feeling restless, so I brought him out for a walk. He didn't feel like going home, so we walked two rounds instead of the usual one. No matter. We're not in a hurry to get to school or to work.

As we need to replenish the refrigerator, I walked to the wet market after leaving Rusty at home. After cooking last night's dinner, I'm trying to scale down the portions from now on. I'm so used to cooking for a big extended family that I cooked too much yesterday, we were struggling to finish the dishes. If we go on like this, we'll get fat! Maybe CH should come for dinner more often.

Last night's dishes- cuttlefish with spring onions cooked by YK, steamed fish, stir fried string beans with shitake mushrooms and cabbage with dried beancurd in a claypot.

So, I'll go on making adjustments in the portions until I find the right balance. I'm making adjustments in other areas too. I've decided to use less disposable contact lenses especially the 'moist' dailies which cost me about $4 a day! So, I'm back to wearing glasses for now. At least the money saved can be more well spent on food and groceries.

I've been saving alot of petrol. While I used to visit the petrol kiosk every 2 days, now it is down to one refill every 5 days. That's a huge improvement!

Wow, so fast. It's almost 9am. It's time for me to get to the office.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't have found a better time to be saving on petrol too! As for dinner, I'll be glad to come help finish up more often. Sunday's was delicious.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow that's quite a lot of food but they look soooooooo YUMMY!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you say YK made one of those? Wow...now I KNOW I'm definitely living in the WRONG house! I'm over....LOL!

Blur Ting said...

CH- Please do. Yummy food waiting...

Blur Ting said...

MH - yah, I think 3 dishes would suffice for normal dinners.

Blur Ting said...

JY - YK can cook but shhh, he doesn't want anyone to know.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Well, you could always courier the left overs to me ... LOL!

I actually love eating left over food the next day cos somehow the flavours would have been absorbed even better and make the food even more tastier ...

xoxo said...

now that reminds me that i need to keep track with my budget hehe ;-)

The World According To Me said...

The food looks yummy. I always over cook, but then it means I can take the left overs to work the next day! And I never go to bed hungry...

I know what you mean about contacts, I wear daily disposable ones but some days / weeks / months I tend to wear my glasses to save some money. Oh to have perfect eye sight hey.

Amel said...

I'd love to eat in your house HE HE HE HE HE...And GREAT JOB in cutting back on your expenses! ;-D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...