Tuesday 19 August 2008

Back to normal

For the first time since we moved in, life felt normal last night. Maybe it helped that I saw Rusty, mum and my nieces earlier in the afternoon. That certainly lifted my mood.

I ate some noodles for dinner, did my first load of laundry and even managed to go jogging around the neighbourhood with CH who lives very nearby. The boys did their part too, by spending the evening in the kitchen quietly washing the new crockery before putting them away in the cabinets.

When we were all done with our chores, we sat round the TV to watch Animal Planet before hitting the sack.

I just found out that I've lost 3kg over the past 3 weeks. That's quite a record! If anyone is thinking of losing weight quickly, start moving or renovating your home!

Now that life is back to normal, I'm pretty sure that weight is going to creep back in no time.

11 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

3kg? Wow, that's cool. I better go start packing my stuff and looking for a new house then ... hehehe ...

Good to see that things are getting back to normal ...

Anonymous said...

It was very romantic, jogging beside the stinky canal by the light of the moon :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is good! Be careful with the "rebound"...!

The World According To Me said...

Hooray for normality!
I was gong to say I need to move and loose weight, but I see Nick has already commented on this. Still, I've said it anyway!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Glad that you have settled down nicely and having CH nearby, that is really a big plus :)

Blur Ting said...

Nick - Heh, all that running around, waiting around with nothing to eat in the house = weight loss.

Blur Ting said...

CH - I must agree it is fun living in the same neighbourhood. I wish the canal isn't so stinky though...

Blur Ting said...

JY - Yah, it is rebounding already!!

Blur Ting said...

World - haha, suddenly everyone is thinking of moving. I'll keep you guys updated on how long I can stay at this weight. My guess is it is not for very long cos I discovered some fantastic food places in our neighbourhood!

Blur Ting said...

MH - Yes indeed! A big plus. He has lived there for 2 years already and knows where to go to get what. Last night, we walked round the neighbourhood and he showed me this food centre that was bustling with activity at night. Satay, soto ayam, chendol, mee goreng, roti prata... anything you can think of, even donuts and Australian food... they're all there!

Anonymous said...

Haha, kiss your 3kg weight loss goodbye!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...