Sunday 6 July 2008

Roundup

As usual the weekend flew by too quickly. While YK was busy with the plastic greenback turtle race along the school canal (to generate awareness of its plight and raise awareness of the environment), I went to Salvation Army Store with CH on Saturday morning to scour for used stuff. We're all doing our bid here.

I managed to find a wire rack shaped like a cute doggie with hooks for hanging towels. It's a new piece still wrapped in plastic. At $6.40, it was a steal! They don't even sell this at the store (Ikea) anymore. I'm so hooked on looking for gems like this.

Talking about that, Rusty wasn't feeling well over the weekend. He threw up several times and remained lethargic all day. He refused to eat anything besides boiled pork with rice. Looking after a sick pet is like taking care of a baby.

Sunday morning was spent running and climbing Bukit Timah Hill. I wasn't feeling too energetic, so I took my time. It was a good move because my knees don't hurt at all today. I should be more gentle with my aging body.

I even managed to take a nap in the afternoon before waking up to fix dinner for the family. I wonder how my Sundays will change when we move out. I guess we'll be driving home for dinner during the weekend. It's going to be a long drive to my parent's place. Fuel prices have gone up again during the weekend.

Until now, I haven't been told when I'll get the keys to the new flat. The seller's lawyers are dragging their feet with the paperwork. It's getting frustrating because I can't schedule any furniture delivery or get the painters to survey the site. At this point, I really want to move in quickly. YK is going to start his night study sessions in school and life will be much better if we're living nearby. Oh well, nothing much I can do about this.

It's Youth Day today and the boys get the day off but they prefer to be here in the office. It's getting messy around here with boxes lying around. Yah, I can't wait to move out of here too.

6 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I know what you mean about being gentle on the body more these days. I think I busted my knee and don't even know how that happened. All I know is it hurts like crazy when I walk up the stairs, lets not even talk about running.

I do hope you get the keys to the place soon. I know how frustrating it can be when you want to get things done but have to wait for some people to get their act in order!

JY69 said...

does that mean you're getting old Blur????? Ha ha ha! just kidding...we's all gettin old... unfortunately... yep.. movers and those kindsa people... too slow for you and i....

The World According To Me said...

I wish Rusty better.

Sounds like you got a good doggie bargain! Isn't it great when you find a bargain.

Hope those keys come your way soon...

Blur Ting said...

Nick, nowadays we don't need to do anything strenuous to land ourselves an injury! Better be careful or these old injuries will come back and haunt you in future. Well, I hope you're better now.

Blur Ting said...

JY - I must admit I am getting on with age. I can't even read the menu in a restaurant without my reading glasses! Gosh.

Blur Ting said...

World - I'm back home and yay, Rusty has recovered! He's back to his active self again. What a relief.

Yah, the keys! How I want to get hold of them asap!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...