Wednesday 14 May 2008

Recalling wednesday

We drove through a heavy downpour yesterday morning and arrived late for mom's appointment at the National Cancer Centre. Even though mom's tumour isn't malignant, the treatments and consultations are all done here. It's not exactly the most cheerful place to be at. At the waiting room, the poster asking for 'wig donation' at the wig bank always catches my eyes.

As her doctor was rushing for another appointment, the consultation went by really swiftly, with the doctor glancing at his expensive-looking watching every few seconds. At this stage, there is nothing much he can do except to suggest another round of MRI scan in June. So we'll be back here 3 times next month!

We got home to see Ting all dressed up for school. I love to see her in her school uniform and her hair neatly tied up. I managed to capture some precious shots of her. You know how they grow up so quickly!

The rest of the day went by as usual. Fetched kids, went home, worked in my room and then brought little baby Ling out for a walk while the dogs scampered about in the yard.

We saw another glorious sunset yesterday. I'll miss little Ting & Ling and the sunset when we move.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah but i bet you're really excited to be getting on! it's what you've been gearing towards all this time!

Amel said...

WOW!!! GLORIOUS sunset indeed and that's a precious pic of Ting!

I'll remember your words about that kids grow up quickly, so when it's time for me to be a parent, I'll make sure I take PLENTY of pics HE HE HE HE HE...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That is a beautiful sunset indeed.

And they do grow up so fast that sometimes you wonder just where the time went.

The World According To Me said...

I can imagine it isn't a very cheerful place to be.

I expect seeing Ting and the sunset cheered you up? Great pics!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Being sick is painful, watching the person you love getting sick is even more painful.

I've a good friend here who is sick, and I feel so helpless. And the waiting for results time is really a torture :()

WaterLearner said...

You are one nostalgic soul Ting! Already think how you would miss this place already when you move out?

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...