Tuesday 13 May 2008

All systems go

The dilemma of whether it's the right time to move out has been weighing heavily on my mind over the past few days. Suddenly, I had a breakthrough. This always happens. If I keep thinking about something, the answer will surely come to me, sometimes days later.

It dawned on me that while my mom has my dad, brothers and daughters-in-law to lean on, my two kids have nobody except me. So it is no surprise that I have to put them as top priority in everything I do, more so when they're still fully dependent on me, no question about that.

Of course, that doesn't mean mom is not a priority in my life. This morning, while driving her to the hospital for her regular check-up, we talked about the house and she's excited and thinks it is a good investment. My dad also feels the time is ripe for me to finally own a place and have the freedom we deserve.

So, it looks like we're all set. The option will be signed and then it's all systems go.

13 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Well good for you BT :) Here's wishing you nothing but the best for the future ...

Blur Ting said...

Thank you Nick :-)

mooiness said...

A big leap is always scary. And it's not made any easier with so much on your mind. Now that you have stepped over, you should feel that even if it's hard work, it is not as bad or scary as you might think. :)

Blur Ting said...

Yah, I agree Mooiness. Now that the burden is lifted off my shoulders, I am getting excited about moving in! Not scary at all:-)

The World According To Me said...

Here's to happy times ahead in your new home! I'm so pleased to hear the excitment has kicked in and you feel the burden has lifted.

Jacqueline said...

I'm glad to hear that a resolution has been reached, and especially happy that your mom is excited too! I think you and your children will be happy in your new home. Congratulations!

SOUL said...

i'm sooo happy for you that you have peace in this decision now-- and the blessing from both your parents. that is wonderful news !!!

i wish you and your kids all the best in your new adventures in your new home!

happy day to you all !

Amel said...

Hey, that's WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you. It's true that it's not easy to make a decision, esp. when you have kids already!

I understand how EXCITED you are right now HE HE HE HE HE...FINALLY one of your dreams has come true this year!!!!! ;-D

Unknown said...

WOW what great news! I am so happy for you :)
Is Rusty moving with you?

Blur Ting said...

Thanks everyone for sharing my joy! The entire transaction and completion takes about 3 months. Rusty will come stay on days when we're at home all day, like during the school holidays.

When he's fully acclimatised and we're sure that he won't get lonely and afraid of being left alone in a new place, he can stay in the long run.

WaterLearner said...

I am happy for you! Happy doing up your new abode! It's tiring but definitely fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am sure your mom would come around..the change is probably as scary for her as it is for you! Be looking forward to new pics of the Blur abode!

Amel said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!! I wish you THE BEST in everythingggggg. I can't imagine how you must feel, esp. once everything's done and you're really living there HE HE HE HE...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...