Wednesday 14 November 2007

Curry favour


I haven't blogged about food for a while now. No, I haven't stopped eating or cooking. In fact, I just made chicken curry for the boys' lunch. We don't eat alot of meat at home, so I decided to add some protein into their diet today.

Well, curry isn't exactly the healthiest dish but it's almost everyone's favourite (except my parents who are so health conscious). I tried my best to reduce the 'sinfulness' of the dish by using olive oil, removing all the chicken skin, choosing breast meat and reducing the amount of coconut milk. A layer of red chilli oil is still apparent after cooking, so I skimmed out whatever I could before serving with rice.

The boys usually prefer the fragrant potatoes to the chicken. Well, at least they get some protein!

10 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Ah man, how to diet like this la , that chicken curry is making me drool and I love chicken curry ... LOL!

Amel said...

YUMMMM...this is a very delicious meal! ;-D

WaterLearner said...

Looks yummy. But the top layer really looks oily and hot leh. Erm..With flu and weak tummy, guess curry is out of my diet for at least some time.

Blur Ting said...

I kept removing the layer of oil yet it's impossible to get it all off. That's why cannot eat too frequently!

The World According To Me said...

I am a big fan of chicken curry!
It looks yummy, and nice to know you have done your best to make it as healthy as possible.

Unknown said...

Oh I love love curry...getting a craving for curry now

Mike Minzes said...

Ting, that was the funniest comment you left on my blog that I have ever read!!! Good one!!!

Anonymous said...

curry is healthy...isnt it? it's all they eat in India...

toshes said...

look at this website sex dolls,sex chair,male sex doll,cheap sex toys,wholesale sex toys,sex chair,dog dildo,cheap sex toys,sex toys see page

Unknown said...

helpful resources replica bags in london replica gucci handbags replica bags cheap check out the post right here replica bags on amazon

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...