Tuesday 16 October 2007

Crisis management

Yesterday morning, I had to deal with a mini crisis of the creepy kind before heading to the office. YK's butterfly garden was in urgent need of new plants! Due to the sudden proliferation of plain tiger caterpillars, the calotropis gigantea, our only food plant for these caterpillars, is now badly chewed away by these hungry critters. I made a quick call to the nursery and luckily, they had some new arrivals (the Sentosa butterfly park and our zoo had recently ordered some for their butterfly garden). It's not easy to find this plant in the nurseries here for they're not very attractive to start with, and the milky white sap is highly toxic. I bought 8 pots for our garden.
See how badly chewed up this plant is.

These are the 8 new pots that I bought.
This passiflora (passion fruit plant) that is laden with fruits caught my eye. I hauled it home in my car too. The kids love passion fruit which is so hard to find in the stores!

When I was on the way to the office, I received a text message from my brother. My little 6-month old was admitted to the hospital early in the morning as she was having breathing difficulties due to a cold. Poor baby. She's better now and will be discharged today.

At noon, I met my Indonesian friend in Orchard Road for lunch. After lunch, I received a text message from C.H. who was on the way to the hospital for a sports injury sustained over the weekend. I drove to meet him at the A&E, where he was admitted for further observation and surgery, if necessary. Well, the good news is, he doesn't need any surgery and will be discharged today.

I don't know what kind of star or moon alignment we had in the galaxy yesterday but oh, what a blue Tuesday it was!!

Still, I managed to take some photos of the bustling Orchard Road while walking to meet my friend. Enjoy the pictures!


It wasn't too crowded outside Paragon. The tall building (with the Chinese roof) in the background is the Marriot Hotel.

The Jewelry Fest was going on at Ngee Ann City, one of the largest shopping malls in Singapore.


Paragon probably has the most number of luxury names in the same building... Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, Ralph Lauren and Prada have the prime spots facing the main road.


Traffic is always heavy along Orchard Road. I was stuck in the jam for sometime.


Even Singapore Airlines has a customer service centre inside Paragon.

This old busker was playing a Chinese instrument, an er-hu.

This is Lucky Plaza, an old mall that's a favourite haunt amongst tourists due to the novelty shops (see the House of Condoms after 7-Eleven) and electronic stores inside.

10 comments:

J@n!ce said...

So much things happened over at your ends. Hope things will get better at the end of the weak. Glad to hear that CH is better now. Seeing those photos you have taken, it just remind me that I've not really taken any at the place for a long time.

Saw your comment over at mine. You have the same thoughts as me. I longed wanted to do a post on what's inside my bag too. I'm so excited to receive the meme yesterday & get it done immediately.

Looking forward to seeing yours :)

Take care...


Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Cool! Busy and distracting Monday..but hope things are looking up. Cool.... Orchard Road! I was there... quite awhile back now....

Blur Ting said...

Yah Janice, CH often say my life is full of drama. It happens when there are kids around, I'm sure you agree right? I see all kind of drama through your blog too :-)

Hey JY, I bet you have seen these malls, just that some constantly undergo extensive upgrading to keep up with the trend. You know what, I just realised that was Tuesday, not Monday... Blur...

The World According To Me said...

A lot happened in your day! I'm glad the baby and CH are okay, although must have been worrying at the time.
Like your new pots.
I was just thinking, I'm sure it was this time last year that I was in Singapore!

Amel said...

Glad you could buy new plants for the butterfly garden!!!

Glad to hear that your brother's baby is fine and CH doesn't need any surgery!

ARRRRRRRRGGHHHHH I MISS SINGAPORE!!! I went there once only in 2000 but if I can come back there, I WILL! I LOVE that place! ;-D

The Real Mother Hen said...

Take care Ting!
Send my regards to CH too...

Anonymous said...

Make sure Rusty-pup steers clear of those toxic plants!!

mcsayne said...

a fantastic read replica ysl linked here Dolabuy Goyard find this high quality replica bags

Unknown said...

visit homepage other site web you can try here Visit This Link try this site

letea said...

Source view it now click over here now visit see this page over here

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...