Saturday 2 June 2007

Molly Coddle

Yesterday evening, just before dinner, my little niece’s foot got slammed by the closing door. She cried out loudly in pain and everyone at home tried to comfort her. She’s surrounded by lots of people who love her dearly, her parents, grandparents, cousins and all. With all the attention, she wailed louder and louder until her father decided enough is enough!

In his very stern voice, he told her to stop. Of course she went into another round of crying frenzy. Being the very sensitive and insecure 30-month old, she probably thought her daddy didn’t love her anymore.

I wasn’t at the scene as I was cooking in the kitchen. After cooking, I hurried to the living room to see her sobbing like it’s the end of the world. My brother was still holding her, looking very displeased while wifey looked morose and helpless.

Being the busybody that I am, I quickly took her from my brother’s arms. “Come, let’s go for a little walk.” She clung on tightly to me, still sobbing while holding a huge strawberry that grandpa had given her earlier. We went to the garden and I spotted a dried leaf that had fallen from the papaya tree.

“Oh, look! We have a little umbrella!” It’s lame, I know but it does look like an umbrella and I needed something to distract her. Well, she stopped crying and her face brightened up when I put the leaf over her head. “See, now you’ve got a new umbrella! A special one too!”

She looked pleased and began nibbling on her strawberry. “Now we must go inside and you will tell Daddy and Mummy you’re sorry.”

We went in, I put her on her Mummy’s lap and said “Ok, sorry! Mummy love love!”. Her mummy cuddled her, “Next time you must behave. Let me look at your toe…” Next, she went to Daddy for some more cuddles….

I know, I know. I shouldn’t molly coddle her but how can I let her cry the whole night? I was hungry you know….

3 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh what you did was so sweet :)
Ah, Xiao Ting is so cute :)

Anonymous said...

So, this is the basic difference between the nature of his kingship becomes clear, the ties
that bind a subject to his king are broken, and the importance
of building customer 7 day detox. When unmet emotional needs from previous 7 Day Detox.



My web blog :: mind body detox

Anonymous said...

D, leading expert in the subtle communication patterns of battering
I Need To Get Her Back. But here's the problem: Too often, fathersthink they're doing a
better job in these areas than they really are. Nobody likes
to be blamed for things. You may think about
various ways- send a message through a friend or family member who is in an abusive relationship, or just
for the fun and good times. Thus it can easily fit
in your daily schedule and you do not want to get slapped!


Stop by my page; want my husband back

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...