Wednesday 23 May 2007

Meaningful birthday

This morning, EE and I were talking about motherhood and she told me a touching incident.

Last week, she accompanied her sister and nephew to the Raffles Institution open house. At the RI boarding school, she saw a foreign Chinese student wrapping a gift. She asked him why?
He replied, “It's for my birthday.”

EE was puzzled. “Shouldn’t you be receiving, instead of giving, presents on your birthday?”

He said, “It's for my mum. My birthday is the day she went through so much pain giving birth to me.”

How sensible indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's just too precious for words...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...