Tuesday 22 May 2007

Look what I found!

Old vs New


I can't believe my eyes! I was rummaging through my cupboard, looking for matches for YK's art project when I saw a familiar brown object lying in the corner. It’s the wallet that I lost on 13th April.

How it ended up there, I have no clue. I don’t want to know either. I opened it up carefully and yes, everything is inside… my credit cards, ATM cards, fuel cards, $65.40cts, house key, driver’s licence etc. The cards are useless now that I have replacements. Still, thanks to YK, my good old wallet and I are reunited again!

It’s uncanny isn’t it? To find it on the same day I bought a new one to replace it.

Now, what shall I do with the new green wallet? Is it destined to languish in the dark corner of my cupboard? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm telling you every day my belief in the uncanny wisdom and veracity of Murphy's Laws increases.
It's happened to me so many times... Thinking I've lost my credit card, I make the call to get it canceled and then I find it the same day. I'm not exaggerating.
Congrats on finding your wallet - you must have been overjoyed

Blur Ting said...

Yup, I can't agree more. Here's another one. Whenever you're looking for an article in a big pile of newspapers, it's almost certain that you'll only find it in the last one.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...