Thursday 1 March 2007

Laughter is the best medicine!

It has been a hectic week for me. EE was also feeling stressed out, especially after suffering from migraine all week.

The weather is gloomy. It was drizzling when we decided to go out for lunch together. En-route to the new Hong Kong Cafe nearby, I had several incoming phone calls. Even when we were seated in the cafe, both of us were busy replying emails (EE using her Blackberry) and messages (I was sending SMS).

We settled down to order lunch. If you ask me, I would say the service was so-so and the lackluster food isn’t even worth remembering.

Yet we had a most enjoyable lunch. We laughed and laughed till our belly ached.

Guess what saved the day? It wasn’t the food at the Café or the aromatic coffee at Coffee Club. It was the wonderful company of my dear friend EE.

We always have so much to laugh about when we are together. She is a real entertainer. We can talk about everything under the sun, from work to pets, to family….and sometimes even off-coloured jokes.

Soon her migraine dissipated and my worries simply rolled off my shoulders. We went back to work feeling rejuvenated.

Laughter is the best medicine indeed!

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...