Thursday 22 February 2007

Gorillas

This post is going out to all the people out there working in huge, reputable organisations...

I have never worked in a big corporation all my life. But in my business, I deal with people working in huge companies everyday.

I understand that working in such companies have its perks and a certain prestige. In fact, the employees may find it easy getting their way simply because they are backed by XXX company you know!

Without realizing it, some of them evolve into 800-pound gorillas. If they want it, they will get it! If you can’t comply, there is a line of vendors waiting for the business. It’s as simple as that!

I wonder if they have ever thought about what life is like if they were not in the safe arms of their employers? Do they understand what it feels like to be their vendor?

We read about high fliers who are retrenched from their jobs… and how difficult it is to get back into the job market again. For the first time, they face rejection after rejection. It is a very humbling experience.

I am lucky that I have the opportunity to see other gorillas at work everyday. It helps to keep me grounded. And I know for sure, I will never become one big gorilla!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog and meaningful message.
~ v

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...