Thursday 8 February 2007

Everyday is a V-Day

"Raining cats and dogs"


Once again, the much anticipated V-Day is looming ahead of us.

It seems to be a dreaded day. Well, not many people embrace the V-Day. It’s the same old story every year. The happily attached couples coo, "Everyday is Valentines Day..." The singles sigh at their fate and cringe at the sight of lovebirds having candle-lit dinners .

We all know V-day is over-rated. The only positively happy people are the florists, jewellers and restaurateurs.

Even so, the most practical woman feels somewhat envious at the sight of other women clutching a bouquet. Why is this happening? Because of the media! For years, we are shown advertisements of starry-eyed couples, of happy women receiving diamond rings and flowers. Not just any kind of flowers. Only a dozen red roses will do!

How unrealistic is that? I think we should stop playing victims to these merchants! Let V-Day be a day to reflect on how special your loved one is. There are so many ways to express your love. I don’t even have to go into that. If you truly love a person, you will know how.

For me, all I have to do is look at this silly screensaver he made to cheer me up on a rainy day. It makes my everyday a V-Day!

2 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh oh oh, my husband will love this blog! Every year, he insists that V-Day is between Feb 15 to Feb 21, depending when the price of roses drop to 10 cents each! But he never bought me roses anyway, so I wonder why he cares to argue V-Day isn't Feb 14! Man!

Blur Ting said...

ha ha, then quickly ask him to go make a screensaver too.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...