Sunday 28 January 2007

The Right One


Some people are happy being single.
They don’t need someone to complete their lives.
Sometimes they scoff at friends who start talking mushy and for losing their personalities.

I was once like that. I had wanted to live to a ripe old age all by myself, doing the things I like.
I could see the world at my own pace.
I could eat and sleep anytime I like or dress anyway I fancy.
I didn’t have to seek approval to go on vacations or attend a party.
I didn’t have to tiptoe around someone who's in a foul mood.
I thought having a partner would impede my life and invade my privacy.

I could be wrong. The right one may not be that elusive after all.

The right partner does not impede your life, or invade your privacy.
The right partner gives you room to grow, yet is there to support you.
The right partner complements you instead of getting in your way.
The right partner gives you compliments when it is due.
The right partner points out your mistakes in a constructive manner.
The right partner will not find you bothersome.
The right partner will not bully you.
The right partner will not boss you around or yell at you.
The right partner loves having you around.
The right partner is joyful to be around with.
The right partner knows how to compromise.
The right partner shows you how to love and forgive.
The right partner makes you feel loved.
The right partner can be far apart but is always close to your heart.

The right partner brings out the best in you.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...